At this meeting, SȾÁUTW̱, the Custom Election Law Advisory Committee and legal counsel will meet with members to learn more about what they want to see in the SȾÁUTW̱ Custom Election Law with regard to following suggested topics which are subject to change based on Community feedback:
1. Composition of Council - including number of Council members, position of Chief, options for seats dedicated to on/off reserve members, elders, youth, etc.
2. Term in Office - including whether to extend the length of time a Council member is in office for, have staggered terms in office, or have maximum number of terms in office
3. Candidate Eligibility Requirements for a person to be eligible to run for a seat on Council, including whether the Council member will need to continue meeting those eligibility requirements throughout their term in office or only to run in the first place.
4. Nomination Requirements and Processes
5. Whether there should be an All Candidates Forum, or other way that candidates musts engage with members during the election period so that members can make informed decision on who to vote for based on whether the candidate is knowledgeable of those matters important to members
6. Voting options - including whether mail in ballots are sent to everyone off reserve, or only by request to the electoral officer, whether there will be options for online, telephone, or other virtual method of casting a vote.