Unhealthy diets and the resulting malnutrition are one of the most serious current global challenges for public health, economic development and environmental sustainability. More and more countries are faced with the double burden of malnutrition where undernutrition coexists alongside overweight, obesity and diet-related non-communicable diseases (NCDs).
Join us in this event organized by NCD Alliance, Vital Strategies, NCD Child, World Obesity Federation, together with the Ministry of Health and Wellness of Barbados, on the sidelines of the 75th session of the World Health Assembly. We will discuss with a panel of experts the investment case of existing solutions to promote healthier diets and advance NCD prevention.
When: 24 May 2022 17:30 – 19:00 (CEST) followed by a reception at the venue.
Where: Geneva Press Club, Chemin de l’Impératrice 14, 1292 Pregny-Chambésy, Switzerland.
For those who will not attend in-person, you may follow this event via Zoom. Please RSVP for onsite or online participation.
- Hon. G.P. Ian Gooding-Edghill (Barbados Minister of Health and Wellness)
- Dr Francesco Branca (Director, Department of Nutrition and Food Safety, WHO)
- Dr Nandita Murukutla (Vice President, Global Policy and Research, Vital Strategies)
- Prof. Alafia Samuels (Honorary Professor, Caribbean Institute for Health Research, NCD Child President and co-Chair WOF Policy and Prevention Committee)
- Ms. Ana Larrañaga (NCD Child Young Leader, Mexico)
The event will be moderated by Dr Monika Arora (NCD Alliance President-Elect and Executive Director, HRIDAY) and will include opening and closing remarks from Mr José Luis Castro (President and CEO, Vital Strategies), HRH Princess Dina Mired (Special Envoy for NCDs, Vital Strategies) and Ms. Johanna Ralston (CEO, World Obesity Federation).