As part of the global efforts to raise awareness of food safety, the Caribbean will be celebrating the World Food Safety Day!
This is a special day to celebrate and recognize the effort of people who work throughout the food production chain. This day is dedicated to farmers, producers, retailers, buyers, sellers, and consumers. We especially want to thank all actors along the food production chain for ensuring a continuous and safe supply of food.
Under the theme of this year "Caribbean On the Move for Safer Food, Better Health", the Pan American Center for Food-and-Mouth Disease and Veterinary Public Health (PANAFTOSA/SPV), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), The Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA), and The Caribbean Agricultural Health and Food Safety Agency (CAHFSA) invite you to celebrate this day with us.
In our webinar, experts will discuss the topic of in food safety from a Caribbean perspective.
• What Food Safety means to the Caribbean countries
• What are the challenges in ensuring safer food, better health
• What actions must we all take to ensure safer food, better health for the region.
• • Webinar open to general public;
• • Expert speakers from different sectors related to Food Safety.
This webinar is scheduled for Monday, June 6th 2022 at 10:30 am (Trinidad and Tobago Time)