WHAT THIS DESIGN SENSITIZATION WORKSHOP WILL COVER:
• What makes design, a science & not art.
• How to make quick conceptual models.
• How to present your design & write about it.
• How to conceptualise & visualise a design idea.
• How to consider the functional parameters of a chair design.
• How to extract context froma user through a mini questionnaire.
What defines a chair?
Is it anything that you can sit on? The chair design is considered as a very complex design process. It is also the most exciting of all. Industrial Design is based on the solid foundation of scientific understandings. Many designers, architects have expressed their design philosophies through the design of a chair. A chair design puts you to test in every aspect of design.
As a design learning aspirant, why are we attempting it?
The workshop is aimed for design aspirants giving them an opportunity to develop their portfolio, enhance creative thinking and skills, give an idea of design discipline in greater depth, a glimpse of the process that goes behind the design of an object like a chair. An attempt to understand the engineering aspects of the design process.