The Policy Dialogue comes at the tail-end of FANRPAN’s 2016-2023 strategy, which focused on “building resilient African agriculture and food systems, securing prosperity and health for all”. The dialogue presents an excellent opportunity for the network to reflect on achievements and progress registered to date. It also provides a dynamic platform for stakeholders to come together to take stock of key processes, identify their roles and how they can be linked to accelerate transformation
Objectives are to:
1. Facilitate broad-based and inclusive dialogue among all relevant stakeholders (government, farmers organizations, research institutions, women, and youth groups, CSOs, development partners, and private sector, among others) on African agriculture and food systems transformation.
2. Facilitate mutual learning and experience sharing among countries, with a view to strengthening and deepening country engagements and ownership to advance the agriculture and food and nutrition security agenda.
3. Raise awareness of food systems' centrality to the entire sustainable development agenda, and the urgency of transforming food systems, particularly in the wake of global pandemics and conflicts.
4. Catalyse, accelerate, and enhance bold action for the transformation of food systems by all relevant stakeholders.
1. Enhanced level of awareness and engagement among a broad spectrum of African food systems stakeholders
2. Policy options and innovative approaches for early action to accelerate food systems transformation in Africa
3. Clear recommendations for Africa’s UNFCCC Negotiators on Africa’s position on food systems and climate change towards CoP27.