In 2016, there were 44,074 incidents of domestic violence in Missouri reported to law enforcement according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol with the highest concentration of incidents in Jackson County at 8,572. Because of the high prevalence of domestic violence in Kansas City, it is imperative for the community at-large to
- Learn what actions are triggered by a DV-related 911 call in KCMO.
- Gain a greater understanding of the local criminal justice system.
- Expand and enhance the information you are able to share with clients, thereby increasing their knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Training is led by Rose Brooks Center Staff - Annie Struby, Blueprint for Safety Coordinator
This training provides:
- 2 Continuing Education contact hours, approved by the Kansas Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board
- 2 Continuing Education contact hours, in accordance with MO State Committee for Social Workers standards
- 2 Continuing Legal Education contact hours, approved by the Missouri Bar
In order to register for and attend this training, you will need to use an email address associated with a Zoom account. You can create a free Zoom account by clicking the “Sign up free.” hyperlink above.
You will need to create a free Zoom account and use that email address to register if you receive this notification when trying to register: “This meeting is for authorized registrants only. Please enter another email address. Sign up free.”