Faculty: Brandon S. Smetana, MD, FAAOS; Kyle R. Eberlin MD; Noah M. Raizman, MD; Kirsty Boyd, MD; Lorna Kahn, PT, CHT
Join us for this engaging webinar as we aim to demystify nerve transfer surgery! From the basic science and foundational principles behind their genesis and efficacy through their implementation, rehabilitation, and future directions, we will cover topics aimed at taking your nerve transfers to the next level.. Surgeons and therapists will share their perspectives to help minimize variability and optimize both indications and outcomes in nerve transfer surgery.
Learning Objectives: At the conclusion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
1. Discuss and understand the biology of nerve transfer surgery, to describe principles for choosing both donors and recipients, and describe basics for the technique of how nerve transfers are performed as well as review expected outcomes with their patients.
2. Describe proper coding practices for nerve transfers and adjunctive nerve procedures as well as likely future directions of nerve transfer coding
3. Describe common nerve transfers, tips to ensure their successes, as well as their associated pitfalls
4. Review optimized postoperative rehabilitation after nerve transfer surgery
5. Understand shortcomings of current strategies and associated directions of nerve transfer surgery to optimize outcomes in both the near and distant future