United Nations Day on October 24 comes this year on the eve of one of the most important international meetings ever convened by that body. The November 1-12 United Nations COP-26 Climate Change Conference in Glasgow will determine whether our nations can unite sufficiently to save ourselves from what the last three U.N. Secretaries General have all proclaimed to be the greatest threat humanity has ever faced. But we cannot save ourselves without also protecting the natural environment on which we all depend for survival. The threat is global; there is no safety for some apart from safety for all. This crisis can be met only if the world's peoples, as both nation states and societies, come together in common effort, for each other and for the planet we call home.
- Elk Grove Mayor, Bobbie Singh-Allen
- Interfaith Council of Greater Sacramento Board Member Dave Lyman
- Compassionate Capital Region Founder, Laura Hansen
- PSR/Sacramento President, Harry Wang
- Nadine Clopton, Vice President, Global NGO Executive
Committee, NGO Youth Representative to the United Nations,
International Youth Activist