We look forward to hosting Black community leaders across Canada for a discussion on CRA's draft guidance on registered charities making grants to non-profits and other non-qualified donees.
The session is open to all leaders of African descent working in charities, foundations (private or public), non-profits and grassroots organizations.
What participants will take away from the presentation:
1. Understand new changes to the income tax act introduced in budget 2022
2. Gain knowledge on the new way charities and foundations can support the work of non-profits and grassroots organizations through grants
3. Unpack opportunities and challenges of the draft guidance through a discussion on how it impacts equity in the sector
4. For leaders working in charities, gain important knowledge on how to meet requirements of the new "qualifying disbursements" when granting to non-qualified donees
5. For leaders working in non-profits and grassroots organizations, understand the grant-making process and requirements to demonstrate accountability.
The information session takes place on January 19, 2023, from 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM EST