Share an appetizing teachable moment/activity/idea from the ESL/EAP classroom, while casually networking with educators from across Ontario. Choose to share a unique teaching activity that was successful for you or use our menu of topics to inspire you! A drizzle of effort and a generous portion of fun, this scrumptious Potluck event is aiming to please everyone!
• This event is not a presentation or webinar.
• Attendees are asked to come prepared to share an activity that they love to use in their own teaching context verbally, no slides or handouts are needed.
• Attendees will be placed into breakout rooms with a small group of peers for 3 – 10 minutes depending on the number of attendees.
• In the breakout rooms, each attendee will share their teaching success story in 90 seconds or less.
• Once each attendee in the breakout room has spoken, the moderator will put all attendees into new breakout rooms with new peers where they will repeat the process.
• At the end of the session, the group will reconvene to discuss the most significant/touching teaching moments.
• Attendees will leave with new ideas or experiences they can hope to apply to their own practice.
Please note: By attending this event, you agree to share an activity you’ve loved and used over the past year. All attendees will be asked to participate with their audio on. If you are not comfortable with networking with fellow TESL Ontario members in breakout rooms, this may not be the event for you.
IMPORTANT: This session will use Breakout Rooms which are not supported on Zoom when using a tablet or mobile phone. Please plan to log in to this event through a desktop or laptop computer.