SpecialEffect is a charity based in Oxfordshire that provides video game access to individuals with physical disabilities through means of specialised equipment, including controllers, joysticks and switches.
Each setup is completely tailored to the individual based on their functional movements and the games they would like to play, so every setup is unique. Every assessment is carried out by the service delivery team, which comprises of occupational therapists and specialist technicians who specialise in video game accessibility.
This webinar will focus on providing information about the following:
- How SpecialEffect was founded
- Explain how SpecialEffect can help
- Discuss key equipment that we often use in our work
- Explain gaming setups for individuals we have worked with before
- Show our other resources that individuals may find useful, including Gameaccess
Jacob is our presenter, an occupational therapist who works at SpecialEffect. He helps provide individuals with disabilities access to video games through means of specialised equipment, such as controllers, switches and joysticks.
More information about SpecialEffect can be found here: https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/
For information about equipment and games accessibility, please see our other website: https://gameaccess.info/