Please join MH and Joe Gohn, from Wattstopper, for an overview of the Green Globes rating system. It highlights the six assessment areas with an emphasis on Energy and lighting control considerations along with specific requirements for new construction, sustainable interiors, and existing structures. The course will explore the benefits of 3rd party certification. Energy codes will be discussed as the pertain to this certification system as well as lighting controls and shading.
OUTLINE AND LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
• Introduction & Scope – Understand the purpose and scope of the Green Building Initiative and Green Globes
• Categories and Rating System – Know each Environmental Assessment areas – requirements and changes
• Interior Lighting and controls – Learn provisions of interior lighting and controls as they pertain to the standard
• Exterior Lighting Control – Learn provisions and applications for exterior lighting control
• Comparison with other leading sustainability programs – Ex. Comparing to LEED
• Compliance Helps – Discover available resources and compliance materials
All attendees will receive a gift following the meeting.