What is the future of industrial space in greater Boston? How are industrial land and businesses tied to regional economic opportunity?
Join us for presentation on the upcoming release of MAPC’s regional industrial land use study that identifies changes over the last decade in industrial land and businesses in the Greater Boston area. The study explores the challenges these changes bring to economic development policy and equitable workforce development, and presents recommendations for addressing them. Webinar registrants will receive a copy of the report after the webinar.
The webinar will feature a presentation of this research, and a panel discussion and Questions and Answers (Q&A) session on the importance of strategically preserving industrial land.
Presenters and Panel of regional and national experts:
• Katherine Antos, Deputy Executive Director of Planning and Sustainability (opening remarks)
• Camille Jonlin, Economic Development Planner II, MAPC (research presentation)
• Angela Brown, Chief of Economic Development, MAPC (panel moderator)
• Karl Allen, Economic Development Planner, City of Chelsea, Massachusetts
• Jamaal Green, Postdoctoral Scholar of City and Regional Planning, University of Pennsylvania Weitzman School of Design
• Torry Katsiroubas Stamm, President & Co-Owner, Katsiroubas Bros.