Speaker: Elaine Tham, Associate Director, IOP Publishing
Following a brief introduction to the Institute of Physics and IOP Publishing, this talk will provide an overview of scientific publishing and how to make the most of the process for sharing your research. It will also cover the basics of peer-review, open access publishing and the role of social media in disseminating published work.
Topics to be covered:
• Introduction to the IOP and IOP Publishing
• Choosing where to submit your paper
• Writing and formatting your paper
• The peer-review process
• Revising and responding to referee reports
• Promoting your published work
• Copyright and ethical integrity
Who should attend?
The talk will be of interest to a broad spectrum of researchers from PhD students to faculty members working in the physical sciences or to anyone who would like to know more about scientific publishing.