Join us for a webinar on cyberbullying prevention with Julie Hertzog, Director of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center. This webinar was designed for parents, professionals, and youth to show that we all have an important role to play to address and prevent cyberbullying. The presenter shared ideas for communities to be supportive of youth while online.
The following points were covered:
• Defining cyberbullying and understanding the dynamics
• Exploring bullying prevention law and policy
• Students with an IEP or 504
• Advocating as an adult for and with the child
• Encouraging those who witness bullying to take action
• Parents and schools working together
• Supporting students all year long
Speaker: Julie Hertzog, Director of PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center, is a nationally recognized leader on bullying prevention. Since she helped create the Center in 2006, she has led in the development of its resources, including creating content for its innovative websites — PACER.org/Bullying, PACERKidsAgainstBullying.org and PACERTeensAgainstBullying.org—which were designed to engage, educate, and inspire students, parents, educators and community members.