In the wake of the recession and record-high inflation rates, employers are having to prioritise how to maintain employee engagement with considerably fewer options available to them. Consequently, non-monetary rewards are becoming ever more important. In looking beyond financial rewards, employers are exploring employee assistance programmes, and "salary sacrifice" schemes including free eye tests, cycle-to-work schemes, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and an option to sell back unused annual leave.
Whatever the rewards and benefits you offer your employees, as they battle the crippling impacts of the rise of the cost of living, these offerings will play an instrumental part in your talent retention. Compassion, open communication, and understanding of different employee priorities and needs will be essential during this period - a one size fits all approach will not suffice. How do we personalise this experience for workers?
This virtual roundtable will explore:
• The available non-monetary rewards up for consideration
• How to maintain or build a company culture around compassion and understanding during a tumultuous economic period
• Are you collecting data to understand employee needs and sentiments to inform future decision-making?
• How to use data to truly create personalised offerings and prioritise the key needs of your people?
• How to supply personalised offerings to retain employee engagement?