The Web Accessibility Directive may support the public sector, the ICT-industry and end users with disabilities to improve digital inclusion. The directive is currently under review, and we are eager to discuss experiences and the level of success so far, with all relevant stakeholders. In this webinar, you will learn from the end user perspective and the European Commission. You will also have the chance to have your say live in the interactive breakout sessions.
• Welcome and Introduction: Susanna Laurin, IAAP Representative to the EU
• Keynote featuring the end user perspective of the Web Accessibility Directive: Bárbara Martín Muñoz, Second Vice President, European Blind Union
• Web Accessibility Directive One Year On - The WAD review and Open Public Consultation: June Lowery Kingston, Head of Unit, DG CNECT European Union
• Parallel Breakout Sessions facilitated by IAAP members:
1. What are the main obstacles for the Web Accessibility Directive implementation to be successful
2. Which parts of the Web Accessibility Directive work best
3. What changes/additions would you like to see in Web Accessibility Directive
Closed Captioning and ISL will be provided. Streamtext links for German, Spanish, French, and Swedish will be available.