Side event during the 2021 High Level Political Forum co-organized by the Global Platform for the Right to the City (GPR2C), the Intercontinental Network for the Promotion of Social Solidarity Economy (RIPESS) and Urgenci
The side-event will assemble a diversity of actors (governments, civil society organizations, international organizations, academia) to discuss the possibilities presented by the Social and Solidarity Economy in contributing to reducing inequalities under the reconstruction efforts through and after the COVID-19 pandemic. The discussion will focus on concrete examples from multiple domains (housing, food production and consumption, basic services and others) from a Right to the City perspective and under the framework of advancing the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, in particular concerning SDGs 10, 1, 2, 8, 3, 12 and 13 (among the ones to be discussed during the 2021 HLPF).
- André Luzzi - Civil Society and Indigenous Peoples Mechanism of the UN Committee on World Food Security
- Nelson Saule, Global Platform for the Right to the City
- Norliza Hashim, Urbanise Malaysia
- Simel Esim, International Labour Organization (ILO) Cooperatives Unit
- Sonia Dias, Women in Informal Employment: Globalizing and Organizing (WIEGO)
- Vic Van Vuuren, ILO / UN Inter-Agency Task Force on Social and Solidarity Economy
- Judith Hitchman, Intercontinental Network for the Promotion of Social Solidarity Economy
Interpretation will be available in English and Spanish.