This 2hr Live SOAR to Health and Wellness training is provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. The training is funded by the HHS Office on Trafficking in Persons through the National Human Trafficking Training and Technical Assistance Center. The SOAR trainings are developed in collaboration with subject matter experts in the field, including individuals with lived experience, and partner organizations.
After completing the SOAR to Health and Wellness module, learners will be able to:
• Describe the types of human trafficking and potential risk factors.
• Identify individual and environmental indicators of trafficking.
• Screen and identify individuals who may have experienced trafficking.
• Utilize a trauma-informed, person-centered, multidisciplinary approach.
• Assess the unique needs of individuals who have experienced trafficking.
• Deliver appropriate services to individuals who have experienced trafficking.
• Share the importance of trafficking awareness and responsiveness with others in your work environment.
Program Agenda (All times in eastern time zone)
1:00 – 1:40 p.m. Introduction and Overview (40 Minutes)
1:40 – 2:00 p.m. Stop (20 Minutes)
2:00 – 2:15 p.m. Observe (15 Minutes)
2:15 – 2:35 p.m. Ask (20 Minutes)
2:35 – 2:55 p.m. Respond (20 Minutes)
2:55 – 3:00 p.m. Conclusion (5 Minutes)
CE/CME credit is not provided for this training.