This session will cover the following:
- Where Survival Psychology originates from
- Why it can be so dominant and hijack us as a leader or business person
- 5 key ways in which survival thinking can impact us
- Imposter Syndrome – which will make us lose confidence and not make the most of great opportunities!
- Defensive Mindset – where we take things too personally and don’t grow from mistakes and challenges
- Negative thinking and self-talk – which can keep us in a doubtful and negative spiral
- The damage done by Ego – both to ourselves and other people around us
- Tribal Behaviour – the dangers of silo, us & them and breakaway tribal behaviour in organisations
We will look at all 5 areas but also cover the fact that these are all symptomatic of the root cause - Survival Psychology and the challenge of ‘not feeling good enough’ in many areas of our lives.
The session will cover real life examples and challenges, with application within the specific industry.
You will go away with tools to use in all 5 areas to significantly reduce the impact
Speaker: Tony Brooks, Leadership Psychologist, Coach, Author
Convenor: An-hwa Lee, Sr. Director, Basis Health and LDC Member