A New Crisis Brewing: Unwinding CARES Funded Medicaid Coverage and the Impact on Virginia Residents
The anticipated end of the Public Health Emergency means that Virginia will lose funds to support the broader Medicaid coverage available during the pandemic. The unwinding of health emergency funds requires that all of Virginia Medicaid enrollees become re-qualified to continue their coverage or find private insurance coverage, further putting a strain on the Health Safety Net. The loss of CARES funds will also impact SNAP benefits. Foundations are critically needed to help get the word out and support re-enrollment efforts, as well as plan for the impact on our food systems.
Join our panel of experts to learn how to support Virginians' navigating this potential crisis.
- Andy Crawford, Director, Bedford Department of Social Services
- Sarah Hatton, Deputy Director, Administration (Medical Assistance Services)
- Debbie Oswalt, Executive Director, Virginia Health Care Foundation
- Emily Roller, Health Insurance Program Manager, Virginia Health Care Foundation
- Albert Walker, Program and Strategy Officer, Richmond Memorial Health Foundation (moderator)
Only members of VFN can attend this session. For more information about membership, please visit our website at vafunders.org.