Health Equity: Awareness into Action — Part 1 | 1.5 CE Credits available
Everyone deserves the opportunity to attain their full health potential. Many factors influence health equity, such as socioeconomic factors, race, gender identity, body type, age, and more. In this class, we will explore what the term health equity means and, without judgment, try to become aware of what hinders our ability to give equitable care to our massage clients.
The Society for Oncology Massage is launching a new service for members, or others interested in the profession, by establishing CE credits for webinars and classes. Our first entrance into this will be the Health Equity webinar. Our application has been submitted to NCBTMB to become an Approved Provider. We hope that process will be complete before this first webinar. If it is not, there is a Plan B with regards to the processing the CE credits.
For those wishing to receive the 1.5 CE credits, you will need to:
1. Go to the link given at the end of the webinar
2. Pay the $20 fee, which helps to cover the administrative cost of providing the service.
3. Take the 7-item quiz. (You must correctly answer 5 of the 7 multiple-choice questions.)
4. Once we have been approved by NCBTMB, a certificate will be generated and emailed to you.
5. The Health Equity CEs can be used for Ethics CEs or Cultural Competency CEs in many states.