Zoom Logo

RMR Annual Club Director's Meeting - Shared screen with speaker view
Gwen Forster
22:28
yes
RMR Volleyball
23:17
Can you all hear Erin?
Erin Gonzalez
23:25
Yes
RMR Volleyball
23:32
Thank you!
Gwen Forster
25:05
yes
Carm Moceri
30:11
Please type in the accountant’s email address. Thanks
Kiera Hill
30:17
Lena, please mute your mic
Carm Moceri
31:55
We cannot see the screen, so is there a document that can be distributed that we can follow along with?
LaVerne Huston
32:47
can you send the agenda?
Carm Moceri
33:11
The agenda is on the RMR’s website
Kiera Hill
34:13
Thank you :)
David Mason
34:26
https://cdn2.sportngin.com/attachments/document/4f9d-2523965/2022_Jr_Club__Director_Agenda_final.pdf#_ga=2.152713209.1511340833.1632068959-693217425.1632068956
Kristy Bauer Shockwave Elite
40:25
yes
AJ from United VBC
46:29
We do Triple Ball over in GJ… it’s great for little kids learning
RMR Volleyball
46:50
Jim: Information comes from “previous year” team records. Each player brings with her, her previous-year teams’ record. We add all the players on the new team together, and divide by number of players to get a cumulative team score
RMR Volleyball
48:07
Thanks AJ. We’re hoping to get at least 8 teams registered for triple ball. We can work with them through the season to see how things are going and what changes they might enjoy
RMR Volleyball
48:31
Completely new teams have to hand placed by the seeding committee. It went fairly well last year!
RMR Volleyball
51:13
Important points: 1) we will move a team by hand if you happen to arrive in a pool with another team from your own club
RMR Volleyball
52:15
2) A big improvement: we will operate SOS based on MATCH result, rather than sets. This allows a team to start cold, or a coach to experiment with lineup a bit more
RMR Volleyball
53:28
3) Math improvement: small staggering of math so that teams who play only once don’t get such a huge bump (up or down) from their (only) participation
RMR Volleyball
55:47
4) “Vortex” (where a team got bounced too far down the ladder if they played up an age group has been mathematically fixed. This was a problem for mid-level teams when their rank number doubled.
RMR Volleyball
57:50
Discussion of whether SOS will/should count at classic, Showdown. I could be done (when RMR teams play RMR teams only) but for this year we will operate without SOS in those events. Options for future!
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
59:51
Why are we doing this new league?
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
01:00:55
Cant this be used as an club advertising advantage for those clubs that get to play in it?
RMR Volleyball
01:01:53
Jim: The Forum last springs and the survey following, indicated strong interest. The exact format was less clearly “dictated” by the community… more or less even spread among three proposals. WE’re discussing the particular decisions now
David Mason
01:03:11
Keith, we need the other mic going around the room to hear these questions
Chelsey Mason - Monument Select
01:03:32
If 15s can take spots from 16s, why can’t 16s take spots from 17s and so on if they’re good enough?
RMR Volleyball
01:04:26
math improvements to SOS #5) We saw a big bounce in team position when teams played up an age group last year, due to the simple “double your rank” system we used last year. This year we’ll use a teams’ specific SOS number each week, to rank them if they play up. Note that we encourage that you really think carefully before playing up more than one age-division!
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
01:07:02
This is just another name for the MIX league. SOS will function just as well as this new league
Chelsey Mason - Monument Select
01:08:00
Agreed
RMR Volleyball
01:08:30
Points all well-taken. We’re discussing openly here.
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
01:16:21
sounds like a conflict of interest on the board
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
01:17:34
Remember we are the customer
RMR Volleyball
01:22:40
I’m personally a huge advocate of the customer view, and of transparency in democracy. I do hope that is coming across clearly in the difficult but open and productive conversation going on here.
RMR Volleyball
01:23:04
No one in the GJC made the inflammatory comment that is being discussed
Jim Gibson - Denver Juniors
01:25:08
It will only help those teams
Chelsey Mason - Monument Select
01:26:08
Not necessarily because of the reintegration seeding for ZBT.
Erin Gonzalez
01:27:24
That’s seems to benefit your teams within your club. But what about the clubs with few teams who now will not get to play those high level teams.
Cayla
01:31:37
if a PIL team has already received a bid, are they still allowed to play in the ZBT and take a spot from someone else?
RMR Volleyball
01:32:05
Davids question here is central: should we use SOS to track all teams in all places, or do we keep the PIL teams separate? We might consider either plan, now or in the future.
Shawn Weatherred-Vail Volleyball
01:32:53
What are we arguing about? Decisions have been made. If you are good enough to qualify you will get every chance to earn a bid. 95% of our regions team are not honestly playing for a bid.
Kiera Hill
01:33:53
Agreed. I feel like this needs to be discussed at another meeting for those who feel strongly about it.
Chelsey Mason - Monument Select
01:36:56
Monument Select did not “neglect” to inform RMR about the HOA having a Power League last year. We simply proposed a new scoring and movement system, not disparate tournament structures.
Cayla
01:39:32
streaming..yes!
Susan Cancilla, Flatirons Volleyball Club
01:39:35
I support "RMR" TV.
Andrea Twelvetrees
01:39:37
Yes to streaming
Kiera Hill
01:39:50
Yes, we used Facebook live on our own so parents didn't have to pay
Shawn Weatherred-Vail Volleyball
01:40:56
Streaming has to be all or nothing if it is a pay option. We had parents pay but multiple gyms didn't have it available.
Cayla
01:41:15
I agree Shawn
LaVerne Huston
01:41:24
agree
Lena quilantang
01:51:22
Ok. sound is clear
Kiera Hill
01:53:12
How much would that be?
RMR Volleyball
02:06:40
Questions for Jim about officiating? Send him junior pro refs!
RMR Volleyball
02:16:30
Plenty of scorekeeping booklets for kids. If you DONT have someone here today topics up a box, please send me a text at 8282807170