Zoom Logo

LEADERS TALK: PLANNING FOR THE FUTURE - Shared screen with speaker view
Pam Jones
55:16
I'm Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
Chris Fribbins Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC
55:57
Sheila - you can rename your screen to something else (right click on your own picture)
Graham Titterington Alton Town Council
56:05
I'm Cllr Graham Titterington, Alton Town Council - a bit too long to show on the screen!
J. Owen NALC CEO
56:06
Hello everyone and thanks to MHCLG officials for kindly giving up time to do this important session
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
56:19
Good afternoon everyone from Suffolk, great to see so many delegates.
Karen Wakefield OBTC Clerk
56:25
Hi everyone, Karen Wakefield, Clerk to Ollerton & Boughton Town Council in North Nottinghamshire.
Phil Exton Malmesbury TC
56:35
Hi everyone, I'm Phil Exton Chair of Planning Committee for Malmesbury Town Council
Denise Deighton
57:42
How do you change your zoom name please?
Andrew Barriskell - Bishops Cleeve PC
58:36
Click the three dots - top right next to your own image
Andrew Barriskell - Bishops Cleeve PC
58:44
Then “rename”
Denise Deighton - Barwell Parish Council
59:15
Thank you Andrew
Mathew Hulbert
01:01:03
I can't hear anything at present.
Kathryn Riley,Chair Braughing PC
01:02:39
its loud and clear - do something at your end/
Vicki Mclean Emberton PC
01:03:17
sound
Jen Beresford MHCLG
01:03:55
back in - sorry can you unmute
Justin Griggs, NALC
01:05:21
Thanks everyone for bearing with us during that technical glitch!
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:05:27
Will we be able to view this again?
Mathew Hulbert
01:05:37
Still can't hear a thing.
harry white peter tavy PC
01:06:06
can we get the slides after the talk
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:06:51
Slides would be useful after this event.
Justin Griggs, NALC
01:07:13
And we will also be sharing the slides too
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:08:06
Who decides what is beautiful???
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:08:40
Design aspects can be enshrined in N Plans
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:08:45
How will automatic consent sit with local democracy?
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:09:26
How will housing numbers be determined?
Ken Morris Goostrey Parish Council Chair
01:10:00
Could an application be refused by the local authority at the detail stage (where it is impossible to remedy a severe impact using conditions) which has already been given automatic permission due to zoning.
Phil Exton Malmesbury TC
01:11:06
how does neighbourhood planning be of any substance for planning application if it is valid of little use if over two years old
Chris Jackson, Holmes Chapel PC
01:11:52
How ill the new planning process ensure that there is commensurate infrastructure investment to support developments?
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:12:53
We included infrastructure in our NP
Chris Fribbins Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC
01:13:36
Q Communities feel under threat, not engaged by these changes and current process. Concerns about organisations like Gladmans riding roughshod in some area with financial resources, experience from across the country against local authorities (Unitary and Districts) that cannot match/defend the pressures on areas at anything like the same level.
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:13:44
How do you intend to protect 'villages' which feel they have already had enough development, when as few as another 20 houses could actually turn them into small towns?
Andy McCoy Binfield Badger Group
01:13:54
What sort of streamlining for environmental considerations are you considering?
Chris Jackson, Holmes Chapel PC
01:13:54
We did but not always reflected in infrastructure outcomes in practice
trevor
01:14:05
We've had a Neighbourhood Plan for 6 years. They are easily overridden by Developers, City and County. Trevor Cringleford PC, Norwich
Wendy Leach H&W Parish Council
01:14:13
If you don’t have a neighbourhood plan and the time to complete one would be quite lengthy, but there design codes in for example our High Weald AONB, would this be
Wendy Leach H&W Parish Council
01:14:32
Sorry -would this take some weight
Brian Bath - Chairman Holmes Chapel Parish Council
01:14:52
The proposals seem to about trying to satisfy a perceived requirement for the ‘now’ rather than a strategic vision for the future. In addition, it does nothing to meet the fact that there are over 1,000,00 applications approved and not built. What is proposed to speed up development of approved applications
Andy McCoy Binfield Badger Group
01:15:19
As a voluntary badger group charity consisting of volunteers, we need ready access to proposed development sites in order to assess the impact on badgers.
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:15:21
Q. Neighbourhood Planning and Green belt. There is currently a conflict between Neighbourhood planning and Green Belt responsibility.what are plans for Where the authority to alter green belt will lay.Our Neighbourhood plan was unable to legally allocate land for housing as it was all in the Green Belt (we are totally surrounded by greenbelt) So our agreed and referendum allocations did not have the same weight with the borough council local Plan..
Sue Simmons - Westerleigh PC
01:15:41
How will the new proposals ensure that Prish Council or NP groups are listened to?
Emily Farrell Newton Abbot Town Council
01:16:23
How will existing Neighbourhood Plans fit with the new system? Will they have to be re-written, or will existing plans stand unless they become irrelevant?
clive palmer
01:16:28
will not the land use zoning proposal and embedded presumptions devalue the benefit of Neighbourhood Plans and local democratic input
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:16:31
Seems a huge gap between Government plans to take control of new development and the role of NP's. Are NP's to be given greater standing in the process
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:16:34
there should be more clout to get developers who have already received Planning to get on with things.
Andy McCoy Binfield Badger Group
01:16:54
Johnson expressed a desire not to let ‘newt counters’ delay development. Under proposed changes will we as a badger group be able to express concerns about individual planning applications? Thank you.
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:17:24
QUESTION - I see activity in neighbourhood plans which take approx. 4 years to produce an on average £20k - so expensive and heavy in relation to resource time. However.... often they are not taken into account in decision making leaving communities feeling disconnected. I agree they provide opportunity but if they are ineffective this seems wholly wrong
Graham Titterington Alton Town Council
01:17:31
What limits will there be on the "design parameters" imposed on development in a particular area?
Michele Turner Luppitt Parish
01:17:44
What happens if the Neighbourhood Plan differs from the Local plan - how will differing opinions be mediated?
Brian Bath - Chairman Holmes Chapel Parish Council
01:17:44
Q. Neighbourhood Plans seem to be given minimal weight at present. How will these proposals provide a way of getting greater weight to the NP.
Mathew Hulbert
01:17:44
I've switched devices and am now hearing you.
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:17:47
NP take a lot of work from the community. Not every community will have the expertise to make the most of this.
Kathryn Riley,Chair Braughing PC
01:18:08
NP do not appear to have any real weight with the District Council!!! will this change? hard slog doing one......and many in my community feel it was a waste of time given the decisions made by the district.
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:19:01
Proposals for permission in principle also pose a risk
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:19:10
How do you square Permitted Development with Neighbourhood and Local Plans when they are in conflict?
Sb
01:19:47
what can mhclg do to help digital maps and enforce planning applications being submitted with digital models too?
Heather Scott - Harpenden Town Council
01:20:13
Echo a number of other comments, that it is difficult to get the District Council to take on board the NP policies when determining an application.
Michele Turner Luppitt Parish
01:20:44
Very nervous about talk of automatic approvals - surely there still needs to be a level of control over what is happening otherwise theoretically plans can still get through which are unsuitable despite technically meeting “design parameters”.
Stewart Bailey
01:21:35
Using digital will make NP's appear in context and will be easy for individuals to understand. Digital planning is 100% the way to go. However, with current fudning levels NP's can't afford it. We need government support
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:24:59
Local plan led allocation of sites, essentially takes a lot of the decision making away from communities.
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:25:45
I agree Stewart - Suffolk is a rural county and we are working with stakeholders on digital inclusion. I also have concern that rural communities may be impacted more as a result of the new proposals
Sue Simmons - Westerleigh PC
01:25:52
Agree with Malmesbury comment - how will this be safeguarded
roger carter Chair Blandford Plus NP
01:26:05
I feel the proposals need to highlight precisely the defined role of NPs in the planning process. Ambiguity leads to open interpretation and then challenge.
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:27:00
It is very difficult to understand the real impact of zoning and how it will impact
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:27:41
The reduced timetable for local plans and consequences seems very challenging for LPA in my view.
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:27:58
Whether something is good development, poor development and even inappropriate development are all about "nuance" and you cannot always predetermine that in a plan. This is why there should always be consideration at planning stage....
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:28:04
I worry about the centralisation of S106 monies and who and how it is decided te money is allocated.
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:28:05
residents have enough difficulty engaging with the existing planning system. How does an approach based on wider geographical areas and zones work better for them? Digitizing is not the answer.
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:28:25
Lack of housing and encouraging housing should be aimed at developers who are failing to build approved permissions, rather than Councils not allocating enoughhousing
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:28:49
I agree, Cllr. Kim Power.
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:29:20
It feels like this will be like a never ending process but does tend to leave consultees at grass roots level disconnected because of ensuring they are up to date
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:29:36
Also - does that mean there has to be a constant review of NDPs?
roger carter Chair Blandford Plus NP
01:29:54
Cllr Kim Power - this has been exemplified in North Dorset - I agree with you!
Sb
01:30:04
will we get funding for each review?
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:30:33
Land banking by developers is a real problem here in Cornwall. There should be a time limit set or the land forfeited to a developer willing to carry out the existing consents.
clive palmer
01:30:48
agree quite so -Cllr Power
Phil Exton Malmesbury TC
01:30:51
In Wiltshire we have been told that our NP only holds any sway if under two years old
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:30:52
Good point. Who and how will funding for new NP's or updating NP come from?
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:30:58
Is there any intention that Neighbourhood plans have the greatest weight...
Alan Cecil - Hazlemere Parish Council
01:31:29
Is there still room for neighbourhood plans when we have government inspector approved local plans now in place?
Avril Harris: Swanage Town Council
01:31:31
Purbeck local plan went to inspectorate last October and we still await result.
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:32:09
Well said John Wilson
Richard Spencer-Williams Malmesbury Town Council
01:32:22
I think the danger is that very prepared developers can be poised and have the capacity to engage in the 'pace' of the new proposed Local Plan approach and process. Local Councils, of varying sizes, and at the end of the day are made up of volunteers ( all be it very committed and often capable). The local council tier could be very challenged to remain engaged in a meaningful way and could be disengaged if they fell more and more unable to 'keep up' in an accelerated process.
Joan Foster Hunston P Council Chichester
01:33:22
Absolutely, agree with John Wilson’s question: who decides the size of the zones, what consultation will take place and with whom, what process of appeal will there be and can the decisions be reviewed and amended?
Michele Turner Luppitt Parish
01:34:06
How are Local Plans incorporating enforcement for energy renewables and zero carbon footprint requirements of any new builds and development. These things can no longer be left as just desirable - they are necessary.
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:34:07
Richard I agree.
Chris Mountain (MHCLG)
01:35:04
On where the different types of land will be set out, The White Paper is clear that that Local Plans should identify three types of land – Growth areas suitable for substantial development, Renewal areas suitable for development, and areas that are Protected.
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:35:07
We are facing same problems as Lesley...our NP is 5 yrs old and we are just about to start reviewing it.. but assume we will need to consider the zoning
Wendy Leach H&W Parish Council
01:35:53
Where are the reservoirs and underground water rese
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:36:06
Established Neighbourhood Plans will need to be reviewed every two years to hold weight in planning decisions if the County ir reviewing their local plan (so expired) and so doesn't have a 5year land supply, because of a different way of calculating it.... How can any community manage that in terms of effet and expense and in the meantime speculative developments are gaining planning permission?
Wendy Leach H&W Parish Council
01:36:11
Resources to supply all of this new development
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:36:11
Well said John Wilson. This is all about the principle of who has the decision making power... If the new system continues with pretending that neighbourhood plans have significant weight but leave the "power at the different level" then neighbourhoods will become even more diss-engaged..
iPad
01:36:51
I am concerned about balance in the proposals. local authorities give approval to build, developers build houses or decide to delay if profits can’t be assured, communities need to have a voice on location and style
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:37:08
If the government gets its way, lots of these decisions will be taken by out-of-reach unitaries.
Peter Richmond - Bishops Cleeve Parish Council
01:37:35
New Neighbourhood Plans - another Trojan Horse for developers?
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:37:47
The Neighbourhood Plan should allocate housing...
Stewart Bailey
01:37:59
Definitely keep NP / PCs involved in allocating land. Otherwise why should we both with NP's at all?
Stewart Bailey
01:38:18
should say "bothered" not both - apologies.
davidjannaway
01:38:19
Our parish has no sssi’s or aeon’s etc. can we protect our green areas or will it all be growth or renewal.
Carole Burslem BMKALC
01:38:39
Really sorry am going to have to leave the meeting but thank you for the useful information.
Justin Griggs, NALC
01:39:00
Thanks for joining Carole
Cllr Steve Tanner Frome Town council
01:39:15
will these proposals take into account that most parish councils have little cash, yet the major developers have been earning profits of over 1,000,000,000 a year. the S106 replacement should redress this imbalance
SAF
01:39:31
surely a Neighbour
Michele Turner Luppitt Parish
01:39:45
Agree that NP/PCs need to be kept involved in decisions regarding allocation of categories etc.
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:40:03
Will funding still be available for Council who want to make a NP?
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:40:46
Asking NP's to allocate land is fraught with problems, not least the power & expertise of developers to challenge. Parish Councils do not have resources to manage this, unless the new plans make more provision for support
davidjannaway
01:40:48
No architect builds what he/she thinks is an ugly building and yet lay people are often horrified by what gets built. It is a fruitless exercise to try to legislate for beauty.
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:41:40
All this hinges on the existing relationship that a Parish Council has with its Local planning authority!?
Sheila Bulpett
01:41:55
what happens when an area has loads of housing to allocate but there is no consideration of the water supply or sewage removal.. messing up rivers ...?
SAF
01:42:02
Hood plan neighbourhood plan is the engagement evidence and should just be reviewed regularly. LA / Gov imposed zoning runs counter to this.zoning
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:42:33
There is a huge amount of change here and it conflicts in a number of ways . There is a determination to build more houses, simplification is an aspiration but probably not likely, what will happen to affordable housing and local democracy is at risk especially being at the tail end of the process
Sue Simmons - Westerleigh PC
01:42:39
Why can't new proposals ensure that unitary authorities listen to the T & PC's they cover PLUS the NP input to ensure housing goes where it is needed and viable and in sustainable areas. If the UA ignores all input in putting together a Local Plan no matter how much public engagement happens there will be a comple loss of support then long protruded hearings such as in South Glos with a Spatial Plan thrown out by inspectors.
John Wilson - Kent Association of Local Councils
01:43:00
Can the MHCLG guys please confirm that the location of the three zones will be determined by the Local Planning Authority with input from the Parishes?
Karl
01:43:11
Impacts for AONB and Enabling Development ?
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:43:25
Community engagement except those where planning in principle overrides
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:43:34
There has to be much closer engagement with the bodies that provide the local services.. eg education, health services etc.. infrastructure has so often been put to oneside
Mike George/Horley TC
01:43:34
We are in a known water stress area, & have been for many years, but this does not appear to be an obstacle for current & future housing developments
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:43:36
I read the 'Centre for Cities' report on local gov reorganisation yesterday. It was utterly disdainful of the work of boroughs/districts and had not one word about parish/towns councils. I fear we're just not 'in the game' in the discussions around the proposed changes.
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:43:37
'Beauty' is so subjective. Preston's brutalist bus station, the concrete crescents which were built in inner Manchester were not appreciated by locals who had to live with them.
Michele Turner Luppitt Parish
01:43:42
Surely there is a balance between having PC allocate land vs having them involved in the decision making process they can add an amount of information which the Local Planners may not appreciate.
Alan Cecil - Hazlemere Parish Council
01:43:46
Well said Sue Simmons (we have new UA in Buckinghamshire!)
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:44:19
ANOB - comes under one of the three types - Protected areas• Green Belt, AONBs, Conservation Areas, Local Wildlife Sites, flood risk and important areas of green space.• include gardens and areas of open countryside.
davidjannaway
01:44:55
Even in the 21st century there are still a lot of people who are not tech literate, so whizzy, high tech solutions should not be used instead of traditional paper solutions but in addition.
Brian Bath - Chairman Holmes Chapel Parish Council
01:45:05
Q The proposed Infrastructure Levy seems to apply a nationally derived structure and takes no account of local needs for new, revised or replacement infrastructure. Under the present CIL rules, we as a Parish Council with a made NP get 25%, these rules give no indication that any of the IL would be paid locally and relies on Local Authorities. We already have evidence that we get none of the current New Homes Bonus.
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:45:56
This cannot be considered in isolation from the Government's plans to reduce the number of LA's and create Metro Mayor led super authorities. What role for communities in dealing with planning issues with a remote LA?
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:46:13
Great words Kim..
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:46:16
Totally right, Mike.
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:46:35
That is the elephant in the room that's not being talked about in this meeting.
roger carter Chair Blandford Plus NP
01:47:14
Whilst I welcome Rob's assurances on protected areas, a problem we have in Dorset - repeated elsewhere in the Country - is that over 70% of Dorset is AONB. This considerably reduces the growth areas and development is then squeezed into ever decreasing available space with lack of grey and social infrastructure. We already have that problem. The new planning regulations need to address this problem.
kirsty gilby - Corsham Town Council
01:47:23
There is a need to front load infrastructure
Joan Foster Hunston P Council Chichester
01:47:44
Please could MHCLG clarify how their overall housing algorithm takes into account that only 30% of Chichester District can be built on as 70% is a National Park and AONB?
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:48:16
I very much hope there'll be a similar such meeting, very soon, to discuss the Govt's in my view appalling decision to abolish countless boroughs/ districts and impose unitaries/directly elected mayors.
davidjannaway
01:48:35
As anyone actually had a win in stopping an inappropriate application with their plan? We thought we had, we won after calling in an application, but it was overturned by the planning officer.
Jessica Lancod-Frost, NALC
01:49:20
Thank you for attending today's Planning for the Future Webinar. We'd welcome your feedback so please take a few moments to fill out our feedback survey here https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/NGVXXHF
kirsty gilby - Corsham Town Council
01:50:34
Protection is only if the Np is less than two years old
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:50:38
Rob, you are penalised if you made your plan more than 2 years ago
Karl
01:50:54
Cllr Karl Love East Cowes Isle of Wight - What allowances will be made for our Island Community can be made when we have 50% land mass AONB and a small population Demography. Lots of Land Banking by Developers here and no need to build excessively for an Island population of very low growth?
Karen Wakefield - Ollerton & Boughton TC Clerk
01:51:04
We are concerned that S106/CIL will be combined and paid at the end of a development? Will we become another Greek island with lots of unfinished houses?
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:51:19
The PC that I represent is a small village on the outskirts of Penryn in Cornwall. We have recently had 90 houses built, along with consent being granted at appeal fo a further 60. We know the County council has plans to build further housing on land they own. At what point does this become too many? It will destroy the 'village' atmosphere of our parish and will make us a suburb of Penryn. we cannot use our emerging NDP to say enough is enough, but we feel we have had more than our fair share of development opposed to neighbouring parishes. Our local school is already full without these new developments, our public transport is almost non-existent and to cap it all we have a University in the parish. At what point does the Planning Authority also say enough is enough? All these applications have not been supported by local residents, but no-one takes any notice. Where is democracy and inclusion in this?
Brian Bath - Chairman Holmes Chapel Parish Council
01:51:30
Will all the questions raised in this Chat be available after this webinar please? And answers would be of benefit.
Sue Simmons - Westerleigh PC
01:51:38
If the UA doesn't recognise the T & PC's or the NP's then how will the new proposal address that?
Mary Butler - Keyworth Parish Council
01:51:38
Can we also have a copy of chat as well as the slides?
Avril Harris: Swanage Town Council
01:52:02
What abour residence requirement for new builds in areas with 25% or more holiday home?
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:52:12
Yes please, Copy of the chat as well as the slides.
Justin Griggs, NALC
01:52:16
Yes Mary we'll also share the chat
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:52:18
Much anecdotal evidence here in Cheshire, that new developments attract people who want to move somewhere "nicer". This isn't solving any housing crisis.
Lesley Sung, Walton Community Council
01:52:41
Regarding growth plans located in neighbouring parishes. Our parish will have all the impact due to high density housing on our border. Can we reference this in our refreshed plan and will it have any weight because it is outside of our area? I asked this question but wasn't answered - but accept it's difficult to keep a check on all questions being asked. Thanks, Lesley
SAF
01:53:26
protection and acceptance of validity of NP as engagement is fundamental to give assurance to those most affected by imposed zoning etc. very concerned on premise of White paper, looks to starting a structure to ride roughshod over local communities. Local communities know the infra structure, Drainage, facilities stresses our views are relevant and essential for sustainable and quality of life .
Peter Richmond - Bishops Cleeve Parish Council
01:53:51
Gladman have been to Bishops Cleeve too...
Sue Simmons - Westerleigh PC
01:54:04
and Charfield in SGlos
kirsty gilby - Corsham Town Council
01:54:23
And Corsham
Mike Blomeley Holmes Chapel parish Council
01:54:43
And Cheshire. Planning vultures
Karl
01:55:09
Most Local people don't realise that developments are in planning process until they are posted in paper form on lamp posts! There has to be transition to Digital not simply switched over night.
Denise Deighton - Barwell Parish Council
01:55:11
And Barwell in Leicestershire
John Gilbey Great Horwood PC
01:55:17
and Winslow Bucks
Mathew Hulbert - Barwell Parish Council
01:55:18
This government wants rid of boroughs!
Sally Longmate - Suffolk ALC CEO
01:55:33
Agree that NDPs are a brilliant way to engage at the local level. This should be retained and a more digital and yes I agree Justin the three tiers should be working together..... in essence we should all be swimming in the same direction but it never feels like that. Suffolk works with all LPAs and bring them together and the Highways Authority in order to bring the tiers together especially around design and community engagement
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:56:12
In my experience ,people aren't nimbys if they have a say in where housing should go, it would be better to streamline Neighbourhood Planning and make it cheaper and you would have more communities who wanted to go through the process. The white paper effectively reduces local decision making.
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:56:35
I agree, Kim Power.
David Foulger Bishops Cleeve Parish Council
01:56:45
Many large developers are able to continue building phase after phase ignoring the contracted S106 for Community buildings and sports facilities. Will the new levy rules give more power to Borough Council to prevent this issue?
Jane Llewellyn - Frome Town Council
01:56:47
Please can we have the contact details for the MHCLG officers at this meeting, so we can give them our views on how we should be included in the zoning process and input to design codes
Sheila Brooke Bovey Tracey Town Council
01:56:50
Despite all the rhetoric I think Town Councils are powerless to influence planning decisions despite all the time and energy residents have given to the NDP process.
davidjannaway
01:56:56
In poorer areas of the country like Cornwall, changing the number at which affordable housing is built from 10 to 40 or 50 is not going to help the lower paid and will only encourage people from outside the county to move into the area, putting even more pressure on local services.
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:57:04
I totally agree with you Chris. Our County Council is terrified of fighting appeals in case they lose and are made to pay the costs. the whole appeal system needs updating as well. We've just had an appeal, and the Inspectorate has agreed that a lot of his comments and judgements were incorrect or ill informed, but it is only possible for the PC to take it to the High Court to get it overturned. How are we expected to pay this type of fee?
Karl
01:57:06
Parish Councils have little say currently in planning and this needs strengthening not diminishing
Stewart Bailey
01:57:33
Thank you for a good event.
Cllr Steve Tanner Frome Town council
01:57:35
agree David Fougler
Cllr Pam Jones, Alton Town Council
01:57:49
Many thanks...
Chris Mountain (MHCLG)
01:57:54
please respond to the consultation: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/planning-for-the-future
Cllr. Christine Warner Neston Town Council
01:57:55
Thank you.
Stewart Bailey
01:58:00
Would very much like to be more involved going forward. - Aspley Guise Parish Council
Cllr Kim Power - Malmesbury Town Council
01:58:13
Thank you, please can we have copies of the slides and chat, and Zoom.
Pete Tisdale - Cornwall ALC
01:58:13
Thanks for the event.
Joan Foster Hunston P Council Chichester
01:58:30
can you put the feedback link up again please
roger carter Chair Blandford Plus NP
01:58:38
Thank you
Cllr Jane Rann
01:59:01
Cllr Jane Rann from East Cowes TC, Isle of Wight, thank you