This webinar aims to provide Commonwealth Central Banks and Financial Institutions with an opportunity to share best practices and exchange knowledge on the future of digital currencies, and explore the opportunities and challenges that could arise from adoption of CBDCs across the varied and diverse economies of the 54 Commonwealth member states.
The session will also inform the discussions ahead of the Commonwealth Business Forum during the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) due to be held in Kigali, Rwanda from 21-23 June 2022.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Rt Hon The Lord Mayor of the City of London, Vincent Keaveny
- Tom Mutton, Director of Central Bank Digital Currency, The Bank of England
- Bhairav Trivedi, CEO, Crown Agents Bank
- Kwame A. Oppong, Head of FinTech and Innovation, Bank of Ghana
- Md. Mezbaul Haque, General Manager, Payment Systems Department, Bangladesh Bank