How do we continue to Face/Forward to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being amidst challenges to disease elimination and eradication? Neglected tropical diseases (NTDs) impact more than 1 billion people worldwide, predominantly the most vulnerable. Despite cost-effective interventions that lead to elimination, challenges increase vulnerability to disease and pose barriers to the effective delivery of interventions and interruption of disease transmission. Global panelists from The Carter Center and Children’s Investment Fund Foundation will discuss Ethiopia’s unique and inspiring experience of creative implementation and philanthropy to reaching NTD endgame targets for Guinea worm disease, trachoma, river blindness, and lymphatic filariasis. Join us for rich dialogue on lessons learned and innovative solutions.
• Dr. Kebede Kassaye, NTD Director, Children’s Investment Fund Foundation
• Mr. Fikre Seife, National NTD Program Team Leader, Ethiopia Federal Ministry of Health
• Dr. Zerihun Tadesse, Ethiopia Country Representative, The Carter Center
• Ms. Sarah Yerian, Sr Associate Director, Guinea Worm Eradication Program, The Carter Center
• Moderator: Dr. Kashef Ijaz, Vice President, Health Programs, The Carter Center