This webinar seeks to understand the opportunities offered by the RCEP Agreement for the garment and textile industry in the region. Considering that the garment and textile industry involves a large number of MSMEs in its supply chain, it would be important to understand how MSMEs can utilise the RCEP Agreement to grow their business and further integrate themselves into the global supply chain, noting that RCEP members are critical apparel-sourcing country for many big global players in the industry.
In this webinar, speakers will explain and unlock RCEP chapters and provisions related to garment and textile. This will be followed by a panel of experts and private sector representatives, who will discuss the implications, possible utilisation, and future prospects of the RCEP in the said area.
♦ Welcome Remarks
♦ Key Presentations:
a. Trade in Textile and Garment Industry
b. Market Entry Requirements for Textile and Apparel Goods
c. Industry Insights by
- Dr. Sheng Lu, Associate Professor & Director of Graduate Studies, Department of Fashion and Apparel Studies, University of Delaware
- Mr. Chy Sotharith, Chief of Non-Tariff Measures and Export-Import Policy Bureau, Department of Export-Import, General Department of Trade Support Services, Ministry of Commerce, Cambodia
- Ms. Suchaya Chinwongse, Former Expert of Rules of Origin, the Customs Department of Thailand
♦ Panel Discussion & Q&A by
- Mr. Prama Yudha Amdan, Head of Corporate Communications and PR, Assistant President Director Asia Pacific Fibers
- Mr. Kaing Monika Deputy Secretary General of Garment Manufacturers Association in Cambodia (GMAC)
- Mr. Jumnong Nawasmittawong, Executive Advisory Board to Textile Industry Club, The Federation of Thai Industries.