Effective Ways to Realistically Achieve Savings
Thursday, October 28 @ 10am PT / 1pm ET
Video will be made available to registrants after the event
Guest Speaker: Dr. Christian Smart
Decision makers are always looking for ways to reduce mission costs and shorten schedules. Most missions tend to be very expensive and take a long time to complete. Despite efforts to plan for lower costs and shorter schedules, more than 70% of project overrun their initial planned costs, and more than 80% take longer than planned. However, there are cases when missions have been executed at much lower costs than the average. In this webinar, we look at the factors that allow these missions to succeed in lowering cost and reducing schedules. We provide nine proven strategies for reducing costs and also discuss three approaches that are appealing but never work in practice.
What you'll learn:
- This webinar will provide time-tested methods for reducing costs
- Methods that are often promoted as lowering cost, but do not work in practice, will be discussed
- Case studies will be used to illustrate the methods that work as well as those that do not
Who this is for:
- Cost estimators at all companies
- Budget analysts at all companies
- Project/program managers for commercial projects
- Project/program managers for government projects
- Senior leaders with the government
About the speaker:
- Dr. Smart has twenty years of experience with cost and schedule risk analysis, predictive analytics, probabilistic reliability analysis and machine learning.
- His background in aerospace includes missile defense programs, nuclear thermal propulsion, hypersonics, and robotic and crewed space vehicles.
- He served as the lead cost estimator for the Ares I launch vehicle and served on the Review of United States Human Space Flight Plans Committee. He worked on a Space Shuttle probabilistic risk assessment.