The CASE Act of 2020 established a new "copyright small claims court" within the Copyright Office, which was supposed to begin operating by December, 2021. Congress granted the Copyright Office a 180-day extension, which means the tribunal (known as the Copyright Claims Board, or "CCB") must begin operations by the end of June, 2022.
This course explain what you need to know about the new CCB, including:
• Who the members of the new CCB are
• The kinds of claims the CCB may hear
• Jurisdictional limits
• Procedures for filing claims, counterclaims, and defenses
• Remedies, including the nature and amount of damages available
• Attorney fees
• Claim preclusion and precedential effect
• Review and appeal
• Coordination with court actions
Echion will seek approval of this course for 2.0 CLE credits in selected jurisdictions. Check the website, EchionCLE.com, for updated information.