High pressure die casting of an automotive bell housing is a complex process involving evaluation of tool design, turbulent flow dynamics, solidification, thermal stress evaluation and defect resolution. This webinar evaluates a complete aluminum bell housing using FLOW-3D CAST simulation software as a design aid for manufacturing decisions.
• Gating selection criteria such as location and angle
• Optimal runner design and runner comparison
• Shot sleeve analysis and slow shot evaluation
• Air entrainment and backpressure
• Thermal analysis and hotspots
• Solidification time
• Shrinkage porosity