With ambitious carbon reduction targets and increased social consciousness, the solar power sectors in Japan is set to accelerate at a growth rate of 4GW installation per year over the next eight years, toward the goal of around 120GW culmulative capacity by the end of 2030.
However, several challenges are hindering investment and growth, especially concerning the changing power market scheme from FiT to FiP, the rise of spply chain costs, and a shrinking profit margin to asset owners and managers.
This webinar targets to explore the current status and prospects of the Japan solar market, along with its key growth segments, barriers, and how we overcome them with actionable solutions.
14:00 – 14:15 | Outlook of Japan Solar PV Market in 2022 and Beyond
● Mr. Isshu Kikuma, Japan Energy Analyst, BloombergNEF (Pre-recording)
14:15 – 14:30 | The Trend of Japan Solar PV Auction: Possibilities and Restrictions
● Ms. Izumi Kaizuka, Director, Principal Analyst, RTS Corporation
14:30 – 14:45 | Accepting the Challenge of the Market – The Expanding Strategies of BayWa
● Mr. Tetsuya Oura, President & Representative Director, BayWa r.e. Japan K.K.
14:45 – 15:00 | Making a Business Case in the CPPA Environment: How Electricity Offtaker Responds?
● Mr. Seiya Miyake, Chief Operating Officer & General Manager, Minna-Denryoku Inc.
15:00 – 15:40 | [Panel] Yield Maximization – Revisiting Asset O&M Priorities against the Shrinking Profit Margin
● Mr. Yamato Kawamata, Senior Power Market Analyst, Wood Mackenzie (Moderator)
● Mr. Kazuhisa Yurita, EVP & Chief Strategy Officer, ORIX Renewable Energy Management Corporation
● Mr. Yoichiro Mizuta, Head of Asset Management, Pacifico Energy K.K.
15:40 - 16:00 | Q&A (Taking the Field Questions)