Join us live on April 28th 11 a.m to 12 p.m EDT, 3 to 4pm GMT, for the eighth installment of PhenoTips’ Speaker Series, “The Future of Genetic Counseling”.
The Future of Genetic Counseling is a panel discussion and interactive Q & A with Genetic Counselor & Genomic Medicine Professor at Geisinger, Amy Sturm, and Founder & President of Ripple Genetics Consulting, Erynn Gordon, moderated by DNA Today's Founder, Producer, and Host, Kira Dineen, CGC.
As genomics becomes common practice in mainstream healthcare, clinical genetics is expected to expand from rare diseases to common, preventable, and treatable conditions. While the details and timeframe of this transition are unknown, it is clear that genetic counselors are poised to champion this change and transformation.
In this panel discussion, past president of the National Society of Genetic Counselors, Amy Sturm, and past president of the American Board of Genetic Counseling, Erynn Gordon, will address:
• Historic and current uses of technology in genetic counseling
• Future applications of technology that can shape the practice of genetic counseling
• The role population genetics will play in precision medicine
• Challenges and barriers to mainstream integration of genetic counseling
• 45 minute panel discussion
• 15 minute audience Q & A
Register for free