During this ~2-hour event, hear pre-recorded sessions from some of the experts working to ensure that everyone can fully communicate and collaborate in their languages across all software and services. Unicode representatives will be available for live Q&A for the last 30-40 minutes and our emcee throughout will be Elango Cheran of Google.
Sessions and speakers include:
1. An Introduction to Internationalization (i18n) - Addison Phillips, Internationalization Engineer
2. Overview of the Unicode Consortium: History and Future - Mark Davis, Cofounder and President
3. Scripts and Character Encoding - Deborah Anderson, Chair of the Script Ad Hoc Committee
4. The Common Locale Data Repository (CLDR) - Mark Davis and Annemarie Apple, Chair and Vice Chair of the CLDR Committee
5. International Components for Unicode (ICU) - Markus Scherer, Chair of ICU Committee
6. Bringing Internationalization to More Programming Languages and Resource-Constrained Environments (ICU4X) - Shane Carr, Chair of ICU4X Subcommittee
Sessions will be available on the Unicode YouTube site in case anyone is not able to attend or participants want to share the information with others.