This online event is organised by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF) and is developed as part of the IDF Kids and Diabetes in Schools (KiDS) programme, which aims to bring diabetes education to schools and promote healthy lifestyles to reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
This event will be the first of a series of IDF activities on the topic of physical activity in the lead up to the Paris 2024 Olympics.
This webinar will be moderated by Mr Bruno Helman, IDF KiDS Programme Coordinator and Young Leader in Diabetes (Brazil).
Panellists will include:
• Ms Marie Barsacq, Impact and Legacy Director, Organising Committee of the Olympic Games Paris 2024 (France)
• Dr Fiona Bull, Head of Unit, Physical Activity, Dept of Health Promotion, WHO (UK)
• Dr Denise Franco, Brazilian Diabetes Society secretary and director of the Institute Running for Diabetes (Brazil)
• Ms Nupur Lalvani, IDF Blue Circle Voice and president of the Blue Circle Diabetes Foundation (India)
• Mr Felipe del Mestre, professional athlete living with diabetes (Argentina)