This webinar in partnership with the African Hydrogen Partnership (AHP) will convene an expert panel to discuss the challenges, the investment opportunities and how the Commonwealth can be used as a platform to co-ordinate and share knowledge and expertise to advance the hydrogen revolution.
The Webinar will focus on:
- The science behind Hydrogen and the difference between grey, blue, green and natural hydrogen.
- Large-scale production and commercialisation of hydrogen and how Commonwealth nations can play a key role in achieving decarbonisation.
- The potential of green hydrogen to bring green growth and sustainable development.
- The significance of hydrogen associations in the development of the hydrogen revolution.
- Investing and raising funds for transactions and how governments and the private sector can provide financial support for hydrogen related projects.
Special address from:
- The Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, Minister of State at the Cabinet Office and President of COP26, the 26th United Nations Climate Change Conference
- The Rt Hon Sir Hugo Swire KCMG, Deputy Chair, CWEIC
- Nienke Homan, Chair of the Sustainable Hydrogen Club, board member of the Green Hydrogen Organisation and CEO of Impact Hydrogen
- Ibukun Adebayo, Director Africa and South Asia Strategy, London Stock Exchange Group
- Bamidele Adebisi, Professor of Intelligent Infrastructure Systems, Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU).
- Stephen Jackson, Chief Intelligence Officer at Hydrogen Europe
- Ambassador Seyni Nafo, Spokesperson of the African Group of Negotiators at COP26 and Public Sector Board Member of the African Hydrogen Partnership
- Vomic Nur Shah, Head of Origination, UK Export Finance
- Frank Wouters, Chairman, MENA Hydrogen Alliance and Senior Vice President Energy Transition at Reliance Industries
The Panel discussion will be followed by a live Q&A session.