Starting January 1, 2023, a number of important changes will impact the way individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal and older adults on Medi-Cal receive their health care in California. The changes include those that are part of California’s five-year initiative, California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM), and those implemented by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). This webinar will provide an overview of these changes and their impact on the approximately 1.4 million individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal or eligible for Medi-Cal only in the state. This webinar is a continuation of Justice in Aging’s July 28th webinar on the same topic.
In this webinar, we will cover:
• The termination of Cal MediConnect and the transition of Cal MediConnect enrollees into Dual Eligible Special Needs Plans (D-SNPs)
• Mandatory enrollment into Medi-Cal managed care for dually eligible individuals throughout the state
• The carve in of Medi-Cal’s long-term care benefit into Medi-Cal managed care plans
• D-SNP look alike transition
Join Justice in Aging for this webinar, CalAIM and Older Adults: Upcoming Changes in 2023—Continued, to learn more about how your clients may be affected by these changes.
Who should participate:
• Aging and disability providers and community-based organizations working with individuals dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal and low-income older adults and people with disabilities with Medi-Cal coverage only.