This event is an affiliated session of the Pre-Summit to the United Nations Food Systems Summit.
The aim of this session is to pull the agroecology-related strings together that have emerged in the UNFSS preparations and to translate them into calls to action and commitments.
The session will:
- provide a space for stakeholders from different contexts to demonstrate how agroecology works in practice and how they overcame obstacles and limitations.
- allow participants to share their support to agroecological approaches as a key concept for food systems transformation, get to know and join various agroecological initiatives, and invite others to act.
- build and strengthen vibrant multi-stakeholder coalitions to transform food systems based on agroecological principles
- Biovision Foundation
- Switzerland (Swiss Federal Office for Agriculture)
- Costa Rica (Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock)
- France (Ministère de l'Europe et des Affaires étrangères)
- Germany (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, BMZ )
- IFOAM – Organics International
- Food Policy Forum for Change
- Asian Farmers’ Association for Sustainable Rural Development (AFA)
- Global Alliance for the Future of Food
- FAO Scaling Up Agroecology Initiative
- CGIAR/Alliance of Bioversity International & CIAT
- UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
- World Food Programme (WFO)
- One Planet Business for Biodiversity (OP2B)
- EAT Forum