Join the Manitoba HIV Program and friends for a webinar introducing the program’s new HIV Testing and Prevention Guidelines. Learn who needs to be tested for HIV and when, as well as important news and protocols in Manitoba about PrEP and PEP. This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Manitoba Chapter for up to (1) Mainpro+ certified credits.
By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
• Describe the new guidelines for HIV testing and prevention in Manitoba
• Facilitate routine HIV testing in your practice
• Educate patients on HIV prevention strategies including the benefits and potential harms of PrEP
• Explain how to clinically manage patient initiation, monitoring and cessation of PrEP
• Explain how to become a prescriber of PrEP in Manitoba
• Access more information about HIV testing and prevention