Are you are interested in hearing about the multitude of toxic substances modern humans have unleashed on the environment? Dr Brent Davey is the Principal Environmental Consultant at FYFE with over 40 years’ experience and is here to tell us all about them!
Brent will team up with HydroTerra’s Richard Campbell for this free lunchtime event to tackle the problems and solutions related to landfill.
Brent will focus on how a ‘putrescible’ landfill works and the components that require monitoring and treatment. He will also provide explanations of how odour, litter, pests and leachate are managed so that these landfills are maintained to an adequate standard.
The webinar will cover:
• ‘Capping’ of landfill when it runs out of space
• ‘Conventional’ and ‘alternative’ landfill covers – the pros and cons of each
• What happens to the waste over time?
• How monitoring of landfill is done and why it is so critical
• Evapotranspiration landfill cover
• Landfill monitoring technologies
Both Brent and Richard will draw on a range of case studies which have helped develop and shape their in-depth knowledge of landfill.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
• Waste Management Industry
• Mine Sites
• Natural Resource managers
• Landfill Operators
• Environmental scientists
• Environmental engineers
• Students of related fields
Please submit an 'early bird' question if you have something that needs answering.
We hope to see you there!