School gardens have a unique challenge of utilizing the garden space during the summer months, while school is out of session. This virtual gathering will be a discussion of strategies that increase community around school gardens, especially during the summer months. The Big Green Chicago Team will facilitate a conversation with City Blossoms, Denver Urban Gardens, and the audience to collectively reflect, question, and share experiences to support efforts to strengthen school gardens through the summer.
- Katherine Jernigan - Big Green Program Coordinator
- Ilana Marder-Eppstein - Big Green Program Coordinator
- Kendra Hazel - City Blossoms Community Green Spaces Coordinator
- Willa Pohlman - City Blossoms Director of Programming and Trainings
- Rob Payo - Denver Urban Gardens
We plan for about 45 minutes of structured share outs followed by ample time for discussion and Q & A.
NOTE: We do recognize this registration form asks many questions. We appreciate you sharing prior to our gathering. We will use your input to create a more informative presentation.