Levels of stress and trauma are high in schools, affecting student behavior, academic learning, school culture, and more. But the signs of trauma aren’t always easy to recognize or address. This webinar will explore the impact of stress and adverse life experiences and explain how building educators’ use of trauma-informed practice can lead to benefits for all students and staff.
Participants of this webinar will:
- Learn about how trauma and Adverse Childhood Experiences affect learning and behavior;
- Understand what trauma-informed practice is and why it benefits all students;
- Learn how districts are helping teachers and staff learn about and implement trauma-informed practices;
- Explore a systemic framework for implementing universal trauma-informed practice; and
- Discover steps to make schools more trauma-sensitive and restorative.