The CAO has been asked by the Minister of Government and Consumer Services (the “Minister”) to conduct public consultations this summer/fall on behalf of the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (the “Ministry”) related to:
1. Further expanding the CAT’s jurisdiction to encompass additional types of disputes.
2. The effectiveness and efficiency of the CAT’s current processes.
3. Best practices the CAT could consider.
To that end, the CAO will be hosting a series of virtual roundtable discussions. The virtual roundtables will be roughly two hours in length and will include the following:
• A background presentation on the CAT;
• A question-and-answer period of predefined questions; and
• An open forum for any additional feedback you may have.
The feedback collected at these sessions will then inform a report being presented to the Ministry later this year.