Public relations pro Stephen Dupont, APR, Fellow PRSA, vice president of public relations and branded content, will share his insights about what’s around the corner for PR and communications professionals in 2022 as well as the years ahead.
Applying a futurist mindset, Dupont will explore trends that are driving change in the public relations profession, such as:
* Social media – Will Facebook and Google be broken up by the U.S. government? What might be the new things after TikTok?
* Media – Will the number of journalists leaving journalism continue to accelerate? Will there be newspapers in five years? What’s next after podcasts and vblogs? How will you pitch media in the future?
* Influencers – Rise of microinfluencers? Is everyone an influencer?
* Technology – Email, really? Virtual reality and augmented reality? AI, blockchain? Video, video, video. Communicating through the Metaverse.
* Events – Will in-person trade shows and conferences return after Covid-19? Is the future VR conferences?
*Culture – Climate change, work from anywhere, political polarization and other movements that may affect internal and external communications.
* Agencies – Here come the management consulting firms! PR firms go into advertising. Digital firms evolve into PR firms?
* Back to the future – Retro PR: back to focusing on one-on-relationships?