This side event to the 9th Ministerial Conference of the Least Developed Countries (LDCs) will contribute to the design of policies that foster structural transformation in industries in LDCs in the post-COVID era. It can inform the crafting of resolutions on how to build industries forward differently in LDCs after COVID-19.
Keynote “COVID effects on industrial production and trade in LDCs: Some empirical evidence” Frank Hartwich and Christoph Hammer.
1. His Excellency, Mr. Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM PRASIDH, Senior Minister of Industry, Science, Technology and Innovation (in person)
2. Her Excellency, Mrs. Maimuna KIBENGA TARISHI, Permanent Representative of the United Republic of Tanzania to the United Nations Offices at Geneva and Vienna (in person)
3. Rolf TRAEGER, Chief LDC section, UNCTAD (in person, tbc)
4. Ms. Eunice G. KAMWENDO, Director of Subregional Office for Southern Africa of United Nations Economic Commission for Africa) (virtual)
5. Mr. Hassim AMIRALY President of the Union of Malagasy Industries (virtual)
Moderation: Rita Isiba (tbc)