We're breaking Children of Blood & Bone up into two discussions, to give participants more time to enjoy this long read!
February 7: Children of Blood and Bone, by Tomi Adeyemi (1)
March 7: Children of Blood and Bone, by Tomi Adeyemi (2)
April 7: TBA
May 2: TBA
Melanated Reads is a virtual book club that is by and especially for African American women. Though we welcome anyone to join the group, our purpose and focus is on inspiring, uplifting, and providing a safe space for African American women to speak, vent and enjoy honest and open conversation.
The book club meets monthly and chooses from books written by African American authors. Our goal of this community based group is to introduce a variety of African African American writers who will help build a love of reading in a positive environment while meeting new people and gaining new perspectives.
Our group meets on the 1st Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Welcome to our group! Please observe our community guidelines:
• Success depends on participation. Collectively we should share ideas, ask questions, and engage in conversation.
• Respectfully listen and wait to respond.
• Listen to understand, share your unique perspective, and speak honestly.
• Be positive, non-judgmental, and open to new ideas.
• Critique ideas, not people.
• Respect each other’s contributions. Great things happen through courageous conversations.
Menlo Park Library on social media:
@menloparklibrary on Instagram and Facebook
@menlolibrary on Twitter