11:00- 12:00 PyPSA-PL
In the first part of the workshop, we will present recent enhancements and new functionalities of the PyPSA-PL model. Some of the questions we address with the latest version of our model are:
- What is the cost-optimal electricity generation mix in Poland by 2030 and beyond?
- How to ensure a stable power supply in an energy system with a high share of variable renewable energy?
- How will the cross-border electricity trade stabilise the Polish energy system?
We hope to discuss these topics in the workshop and inform the model’s further development with gathered feedback.
Speaker: Patryk Kubiczek (Energy modelling expert, Instrat)
12:00-12:30 Pathways Explorer
In the second part of the workshop, we will:
- Present the Pathways Explorer model, and the data sources used as its input.
- Discuss three selected energy transition scenarios for Poland that have already been shaping the public debate.
- Explain how we “mimicked” those scenarios within the Pathways Explorer tool to facilitate their comparison.
Subsequently, we would like to discuss how the Pathways Explorer can aid the public debate on the energy transition in the coming months.
Speaker: TBA, Aleksander Szpor (Head of the Just Transition Program, Instrat)