Lithuania's success story in replacing fossil fuels with biomass in District Heating (DH) system is a unique story. The share of fossil fuels in DH in Lithuania has been declining at particularly rapid rates. In 2011, 76% of DH was generated from fossil fuels in Lithuania while in 2018, only 31% of the heat was generated from fossil fuels with biomass heat increasing proportionately during the same time.
To share the success story of Lithuania in replacing fossil fuels with biomass and the numerous benefits generated in the society, World Bioenergy Association along with Lithuania Biomass Energy Association are pleased to organize the webinar – Lithuania: A unique success story of biomass replacing fossil fuels. In this upcoming webinar, speakers will inform about the latest developments of the bioenergy sector with company representatives showcasing the latest technologies in biomass district heating in the country. The webinar is the 1st in a new WBA webinar series focussing on national experiences with bioenergy development.
- Vilma Gaubytė, Director of Lithuanian Biomass Energy Association LITBIOMA
- Andrius Smaliukas, Director of Baltpool International Biomass Exchange
- Valentinas Belousovas, Member of the Board of JSC Pusbroliai
- Adomas Pesliakas , Sales manager of JSC UMP technika
- Tadas Lukoševičius, Sales manager of JSC Enerstena Group
The session will be moderated by Christian Rakos, President, World Bioenergy Association.