This World Patient Safety Day, five international federations in official relations with the World Health Organization (WHO), will gather to demonstrate their continued commitment to the WHO Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021 and advocate for all governments, key stakeholders, and partners to deploy the patient safety as a priority in all health sector policies and programs.
We invite you to join us virtually on Wednesday, 21 September, 2022 for a lively discussion from 10:00-12:00 CET.
The event aims to:
- Trigger a collective discussion amongst relevant health stakeholders and seal their commitment towards patient safety in their respective areas of action.
- Show that all the actors of the health system are aligned and working in partnership.
- Demonstrate our efforts to provide the highest quality health care and products to patients.
- Use World Patient Safety Day as a reminder of the importance of investing in reliable and resilient health systems and health workforces.
- Showcase practical ways in which each health actor can further patient safety.
Speakers include representatives of the following organizations:
- International Alliance of Patients’ Organizations (IAPO)
- International Council of Nurses (ICN)
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA)
- Organization of Pharmaceutical Producers of India (OPPI)
- International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP)
- World Medical Association (WMA)
- Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)