Barriers to care and student debt are current legislative priorities for ASDA that are being discussed in Congress. With the upcoming midterm elections in November, it is important to be up to date on specific bills and the congressional members who support them. This session will pave the way for dental students to learn more about federal legislation, midterm elections, ASDA Advocacy resources, and Advocacy Month.
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
1. Understand new legislation that relates to the field of dentistry and how it affects dental students and patients.
2. Understand ASDA's position on the issues.
3. Learn how to formulate your own opinions on the legislation.
4. Learn about ASDA resources to get involved.
5. Look forward to Advocacy Month activities.