Prevent Blindness will be hosting a FREE virtual workshop on the Public Health and Research Applications of the CDC’s Vision and Eye Health Surveillance System (VEHSS). This workshop will focus on how to use the CDC’s VEHSS and how the data can be leveraged for use in public health research and programs. You will learn:
• What VEHSS is and the data it contains,
• How to use the VEHSS website to run custom data queries and download data, and
• How to query data to develop research hypotheses, identify disparities, and inform public health planning and policy.
• Joshua R. Ehrlich, MD, MPH, University of Michigan
• Elizabeth Lundeen, PhD, MPH, Vision Health Initiative, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• John Wittenborn, NORC at the University of Chicago
• David B. Rein, PhD, MPA, NORC at the University of Chicago
• Kira Baldonado, MPH, Prevent Blindness (moderator)
Visit the VEHSS website at: https://www.cdc.gov/visionhealth/vehss/index.html.